Summary of Stage 3
Posted by Daniel Christian on 03 Mar 15:17
This video contains a Practise Routine and Summary of Stage 3 of Dan Christian's Free Online Saxophone Beginner's Course.
BC312 - Practise List for Stage 3
Things that should be in your daily practise list for this stage of the beginner’s course...
1. Long tones – Vibrato – Lip Slurs – Straight note listening carefully to the sound. Different notes – Don’t always choose G :-)
2. Scales – C major (low C to High C with the Octave Key), G major (f#), F major (Bb) and D major (2 octaves – low D to High Palm Key D)
3. D Blues Scale – Swung Rhythms – Improvisation
4. Playing Tunes on different starting notes (Transposition)
5. Songs: Hey Jude, Careless Whisper and Mancini Inspired Sax Riff